Volunteer, make a difference!
Whether you have a few hours supporting a single event, want to volunteer with a group, or can work on a project from start to finish,
Arc Downriver can create a volunteer experience that’s right for you.
You can make a difference in someone’s life. Volunteering for a good cause is self-rewarding and a great opportunity to get involved in your community.
Email the Arc Downriver office at [email protected] to volunteer today!
Here are some ways you can help:
- Sign up to become a Member of Arc Downriver.
- Volunteer your time. There are multiple opportunities to volunteer your time, including:
- Special Sports – We are always looking for head coaches, assistant coaches, and sports coordinators. No need for prior playing or coaching experience, we have access to training programs that will guide you along the way. Being there for the athletes at practice and events is the most important – we will help to guide you the rest of the way. And, you get to celebrate the athlete’s achievements with them real time, which is priceless.
- Fundraising – Supporting our four largest fundraising events – Polar Plunge in February, Spaghetti Dinner in April, Golf Outing in August, and Car Raffle in September – can range from seeking donations from local companies, working during the event, selling raffle or event tickets, or actual participation in the event itself. Don’t want to jump in the lake in February? Then support us by gathering donations and working inside during the plunge (where it’s warm!). Don’t golf? You can work the registration desk, or the silent auction inside (where it’s cool!). Have your own fundraiser idea? We are always seeking new and creative ways to engage the community, increase awareness of our organization, while raising funds at the same time
- Internships – We are considering the establishment of an internship program in 2020. Assignments could include volunteer coordination, community engagement, special events, programs, marketing, and more.